Tuesday, May 7, 2013

The Gap Year

Not a huge fan of that concept. It's only a gap year to you. Because you don't think that what I do this year matters. Because you think that I'm just waiting for the next thing to happen.

But to me this year is everything. It's the way to determine if all the ways I've improved myself will stick. If I'm done growing. If I'm any closer to being a real person, to being an adult. And just because I haven't shrowded this experiment in the cloak of a fellowship doesn't mean that it means anything less to me. It just means something less to you.

I have lots of plans. Things I couldn't do over the past four years or the past 22 years, some of which I  don't know if I'll ever be able to do again. So allow me to enjoy this moment, this year. It's not a gap or a gutter or time off, it's my life. Let me live it.

No comments:

Post a Comment