Tuesday, March 19, 2013

Mixed Tape - Installment Uno

I'm not sure which mix nomenclature is appropriately outdated, but I settled on mix tape because it is from just before my adolescence. Today, I wanted to share with you the first group of 20 songs that capture the essence of what my life feels like right now. Future lists may include 20 emotional songs to wallow with, 20 songs to drive with, but these are the songs that, when I feel overwhelmed by life, make me feel like it could all be OK. Here are the first 5. Now go dance. (not to these, they're all pretty slow, but to something else).

Fun - Some Nights Intro
#anthem


Frank Turner - Four Simple Words
Enjoy the moment with this punk-folk-rock ditty


Adele (and Glee) - Rumor Has It and SOmeone Like You
This mash-up is fabulous. It's bold and fierce and I love it. Y'know what? Shit happens. Don't cry. Do something kick-ass.


Mumford and Sons - Lover of the Light
I just love mumf and I especially love this song. Enjoy the here and the now. Look forward with positivity. And how elegantly simple: I'll be yours if you'll be mine. Maybe it's that easy.


Sara Bareilles - Once Upon Another Time
Classic S.B. This is an easy pick me up that reminds me it's not all over.

Caveat: Never have I ever pretended to be some sort of music guru. I know very little. I can express even less. This is just what makes me happy. I hope it makes you happy too.

No comments:

Post a Comment