Monday, June 23, 2014

Rough Day

Today, as an end of day treat, I sat in jardin de Luxembourg on my way home and enjoyed a few chapters of Peter Heller's new book to the tune of a fountain, crunching gravel, and idle chatter.

I am interrupted by a man chattering at me in French. Sorry, sir, I don't speak French. The implication being, I'm not interested. Not how he took it.

He tried again in English. "I am a student at the college of medicine. I want to practice my special skill. Can I give you a free foot massage?"

Umm...what? "Please I need to practice can I practice on you" swivel for candid camera. Not there.

Embarrassed. Confused. But polite: oh...no...sorry, no thank you.

Strange man with plastic bag trots away disappointed.

And that pretty much sums up the mood of my day. I'm hoping that all of today's big problems will be resolved tomorrow and I can fill you in then.

No comments:

Post a Comment